Rachel Teferet is an artist, graphic designer, and web designer. She creates:
- CD’s and album covers
- Book covers
- Flyers and posters
- Business cards and promotional items
- And more.
She is an intrepid herbalist, avid hiker, published author, and Sudoku whiz.
Dual Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Program in Graphic Design and in Illustration from Sierra College, CA, 2016.
- Won “Best Literary Theme” for illustrative book art for Dante’s Inferno, 2016.
- Won the Sierra College Foundation Board Scholarship and the Hancock-Homan-Grove Memorial Scholarship, 2015.
- Won Pioneer Art Award for Painting in Juried Student Art Exhibition, March 2015.
- Won the Wells Fargo Scholarship, Spring 2014.
- Won the poster design contest for Student Art Exhibition, March 2014
- Cumulative GPA: 4.0
Graduated with Highest Honors from Rutgers University, New Brunswick NJ
- BA in Visual Arts with a concentration in Painting, May 2005
- Dean’s list every semester of college
- received scholarships.
- Douglass honors student.
- Phi Beta Kappa member and Golden Key Honors Society member.
- Cumulative GPA: 3.9
- Ability to develop ideas both visually and verbally.
- Ability to work well both collectively and independently, with strong self-discipline.
- An active imagination and a high level of creative ability.
- Highly confident in the traditional arts, including painting and drawing.
- Computer skills include Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, WordPress, and Mailchimp.
- Specializes in editing and preparing website content for maximum visitor impact, readability, and SEO (Search Engine Optimization). Solid knowledge of semantic coding (HTML) and styling (CSS).
- Web Design Internship with Sierra College Marketing Department. Revised web content writing for optimum readability and SEO, Google AdWords and Tag Manager, became familiar with Bootstrap and Cascade Server, and more. Summer 2016.
- Graphic Design Internship with KVMR Public Radio. Designed mobile APP, stickers, flyers, advertisements for print and web, wine label, CD covers, illustrations, and more. Fall 2015.
- Graphic Design Internship with HAALo (Health Alternatives for All Locals). Designed gift certificates, signs, business cards, illustrations, and more.
- Website and marketing volunteer position with HAALo. Managed website and social media, designed flyers, and more. 2010–2013.
- Website and marketing volunteer position with Living Lands Agrarian (now
Sierra Harvest). Built and maintained website. 2010–2012.
- Won best literary theme at the Rocklin Campus Library Book Art Exhibition, April 2016
- Part of both the Rocklin and Nevada City Sierra College Juried Student Exhibition, showing five pieces in total, April–May 2016
- “Essential Art,” an exhibit of paintings, HAALo, August 2015
- Won Pioneer Art Award for Painting in Juried Student Art Exhibition, Sierra College, March 2015
- “Meditative Typography” at the Nevada City Artwalk, July 2014
- Won the poster design contest for Student Art Exhibition, Sierra College, March 2014
- Showed piece “Death and the Sun” at Student Art Exhibition, Sierra College, March 2014–May 2014
- “Death and the Sun,” Solo show at California Organics, August 2013.
- “Piscean Hallucinations,” Solo show at California Organics, July 2012, paintings and drawings
- “Watermark,” Solo show Briar Patch Co-op, June 2011, nature photography
- Group show Turn Of The Century Gallery, Berkeley, May 2007, Nov.–Dec. 2007
- Center For The Living Arts Gallery, group show Peace Imaginings, Berkeley, Oct.–Dec. 2007
- Triptych Gallery, Dreamtime Circus benefit group show, San Francisco, Aug.–Oct. 2007
- Chochmat HaLev group show benefits, May 2006, Sept. 2006
- Mural personally designed and executed at Arthouse, a public performance space, NJ, May 2005
- Solo exhibit at the Rutgers Student Center, NJ, April–May 2005; joint show at Arthouse community gallery, NJ, April 2005; Art Show Against Gender Violence, NJ, 2005; BA opening, NJ, 2004
- Visual Aids Gallery Show, Chelsea, New York, 2003