A Painter by Birth and Designer by Trade
Rachel Rose Teferet graduated from Rutgers University in 2005 with a BA in Fine Arts and earned dual Post-Baccalaureate Certificates in Graphic Design and Illustration at Sierra College in 2016. She has been designing WordPress websites since 2009. She loves to create logos, product labels, CDs and album covers, book covers, illustrations, flyers and posters, business cards and promotional items, and more. Rachel is also an intrepid herbalist, avid hiker, Sudoku whiz, and published author.
Rachel combines graphic design with original illustrations. She also excels at redesigning company branding including logos, labels, and packaging. See her Graphic Design Portfolio.
Rachel is a ninja at editing website content to boost readability and SEO (Search Engine Optimization). She builds WordPress websites to fit her clients’ specific needs and budgets and has a firm grasp of basic coding language (HTML5 and CSS). Most of all, she loves taking the frustration out of technology! See her Web Design Portfolio.
Rachel is a published author and accomplished editor. She recently completed a year-long Copyediting Certificate Program through UC San Diego. Whether your content is designed for print or for the web, she can help you express your vision. Visit her author’s blog.
Alternative Healers and Holistic Businesses
Rachel has worked with many fantastic alternative healers and businesses, including the following:
- The Pilates Place in Grass Valley: website redesign
- Spirit Farmer Acupuncture: redesigning and managing the website, managing labels, and more
- Harvesting Vitality: website design and promotional materials
- Dela Luna: logo and label redesign, business card design
Rachel knows the alternative healing business inside and out, having been involved in the alternative healing community for the past decade. She worked as both an herbalist and as a graphic and web designer at HAALo (Healing Alternatives for All Locals).
Creative Entrepreneurs and Progressive Businesses
Rachel is a free-thinker and creative person, so she intuitively understands the needs of creative individuals and businesses. Here are some of her previous clients:
- Sierra Writers: website redesign
- KVMR Public Radio: APP Design, advertisements for print and web, stickers, illustrations, CD covers, and more
- Jeff Suwak, Author: book cover design
- Cabrina Channing, Jeweler: website design