A Painter by Birth and Designer by Trade
Rachel Rose Teferet graduated from Rutgers University in 2005 with a BA in Fine Arts and earned dual Post-Baccalaureate Certificates in Graphic Design and Illustration at Sierra College in 2016. She has been designing WordPress websites since 2009. She loves to create: logos, product labels, CD’s and album covers, book covers, illustrations, flyers and posters, business cards and promotional items, and more. Rachel is also an intrepid herbalist, avid hiker, Sudoku whiz, and published author
Graphic Design Specialties
Rachel combines graphic design with original illustrations. She also excels at redesigning company branding including logos, labels, and packaging.
Web Design Specialties
Rachel is a ninja at editing website content to boost readability and SEO (Search Engine Optimization). She builds WordPress websites to fit her client’s specific needs and budgets, has a firm grasp of basic coding language (HTML5 and CSS), and most of all, she loves taking the frustration out of technology!
Rachel is a published author and accomplished editor. Whether your content is designed for print or for the web, she can help make your words shine. Content editing is available for an additional rate. You can visit her author’s blog here.
Alternative Healers and Holistic Businesses
Rachel has worked with so many fantastic alternative healers and businesses, including:
- The Pilates Place in Grass Valley: website redesign.
- Spirit Farmer Acupuncture: redesigning and managing their website, managing labels, and more.
- Harvesting Vitality: website design and promotional materials.
- Dela Luna: Logo and label redesign, business card design
Rachel knows the alternative healing business inside and out, having been involved in the alternative healing community for the past decade, and volunteering as both a herbalist for three years and as a graphic and web designer for four years at HAALo (Healing Alternatives for All Locals).
Creative Entrepreneurs and Progressive Businesses
Rachel is a free-thinker and creative person, so she intuitively understands the needs of creative individuals and businesses. Here are some of her previous clients:
- Sierra Writers: website redesign
- KVMR Public Radio: APP Design, advertisements for print and web, stickers, illustrations, CD covers, and more.
- Jeff Suwak, Author: book cover design
- Cabrina Channing, Jeweler: website design